Need Based Scholarships Program for Pakistani Students by HEC
The HEC Need Based Scholarship program which is offered to that students who will be registered in selected Universities of Pakistan and participate in this program. This scholarship program is only for Public sector Pakistani universities other then Public sector Pakistani universities can not participate in this program. This scholarship award is offered by HEC/Government of Pakistan. HEC (Higher education commission) provides financial support, regulates and administer the higher education promotion in Pakistan.These scholarships are basically for giving opportunities to brilliant students who are economically underprivileged and are incapable of paying higher education expenses at partner universities. Those students who belong to rural & remote areas of Pakistan like as FATA, Balochistan,Southern Punjab, Northern Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwan.
- Duration of these Program are 4 years for undergraduates and 2 years for graduates.
- These program for both Undergraduate and Graduate
- Number of Scholarships are 10,019
- Application Deadline Date is Undefined
Institutions list or Program:
- Financial aid & these awards are available for undergraduate & graduate levels in all study fields at the selected public sector Pakistani universities.
- Students will have to get admission at the participating institution according to admission policy of the university or institution and must have registered themselves in Undergraduate (4 Years) / Graduate (2 Years) programs.
- All the disadvantaged students who have already registered themselves in the participating universities would be eligible to apply for scholarship.
- The applicant’s eligibility is associated to the requirement of the applicant as evaluated by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee while keeping it in mind the financial conditions of applicant’s family.
- The G & UG seats would be finalized by the institutions, however weightage would be given to UG seats.
- The grants for full program of G & UG seats will continue and new students would finally substitute the seat.
- All the study fields will be opened until University decides to include or exclude any study field by keeping an eye to its funding, program cost, and number of provided seats etc.
- For five years degree programs such as Medicine, Pharm-D , the grants will be provided for absolute five years.
- The university might adjust the number of scholarships as per actual in order to cover the tuition fee according to allocated grants.
- Every student would be given a monthly grant of Rs 6000 for the full program and for the actual tuition fee as well.
Financial Aid covers:
- Living expenses,
- The tuition fee and cost of transportation,
- Books allowance
- The supplementary requirements of the student.
How to Apply For Scholarship:
- HEC want to support the underprivileged students who can’t afford educational expenses.However, it must be remembered that HEC won’t give this award directly under this scholarship program . These funds are given to deserving students via participating Universities.
- The eligible students can get Scholarship Application Forms from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) available at the participating Institution. However,the forms can be downloaded online.
- The students must submit the Scholarship applications to FAO office after completion along with supporting document